Saturday, May 24, 2014

Prologue's Change

I finally figured out what I didn't like about the prologue, and that was the narrator speaking about Enia's abandonment. I'm a big proponent of "show, don't tell" and I'm not gonna lie when I say that intro was waaaay too "tell-y" and not enough "showy." But thankfully to some people back at the LSF community, I figured out what to change. Instead of having the narrator give you the basic info of their pasts, I'll have mini flashbacks of Henry raising Enia, and her going into the army to prove herself that she's not useless. It'll also give me a chance to show how much Henry had to go through just to raise Enia (I always imagined her as a super hyper little tyke raising Hell for Henry before growing up to be the chill demon she is now). *Is now thinking about cute brother-sister bonding moments between Henry and Enia*

Anyways, just wanted to give that quick update before going back into the mad throes of writing an excessively long VN.

No comments:

Post a Comment