Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Sneak Peek: Writing

People seem to prefer the sneak peeks of writing versus character designs/art, so here's another little snippet, this time from Chapter 2.

-CG of exterior of Cascade Inn; enter Henry-
Enia: Holy shit, this place’s a dump!
Henry: It’s better than I thought it’d be.
Enia: You mean it used to be worse?!
Henry: Yeah, my psychotic grandmother used to live in it.
Enia: You had a grandmother?
Henry: -Eyebrow rising- And you didn’t?
Enia: Touché. Are we really going to sleep here for the night?
Henry: -Pensive; talking to himself- There should've been someone who still takes care of it…
Enia: Huh?
Henry: -Smiling- Nothing, let’s go in.
Enia: Wait! How are we going to pay for this?
Henry: -Making a credit card appear in his arms; winking- A little magic never hurt anyone.
...
I'm still getting the hang of script style of writing, considering the art will do most of the heavy lifting. I'm also still iffy if I should make a prologue and if I should work in 1st person POV. I mean, it is the more popular POV for VNs but 1st person has always been a challenge for me. I'll just finish the script first and see if it works better with 1st person POV later.

No comments:

Post a Comment