Wednesday, May 21, 2014

That Awkward Moment When Your Game's Too Long

So I was going over the full outline with my friend Waz, and I realized something. It's too damn long. Like really fucking long. So I decided that we would have to split it in three parts or rather, three arcs. The first arc is about Enia being forced to live in the human world and coming to terms with herself. The second arc will revolve with some romance but mainly the history of the family and heavily involve mystery. The third arc is the action arc, in which Enia fights to get her throne back and has her "happy" ending.

The problem with this? Coding. It's going to be a true pain in the ass to code this long piece of work, especially seeing as I want to implement a sort of battle system later on. That would involve me moving all my work into Ren'Py and I don't know jack squat about Python coding. So unless I can get someone to work for free to help me code this baby, then I'm going to have to start learning. At least I'm graduating next week and will have all of summer vacation to work on learning Ren'Py. But on the other hand, I could just wait until all the UI's, script, and art is ready and see if I can save money to pay someone to code this game for me. Hmm... Decisions decisions. Maybe I'll just do a kick starter instead when I have most of the work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment